James STARK ca 1834-1917 & Elizabeth BUCHANAN, abt 1835-?
Penola, South Australia & Casterton, Victoria, Australia
James STARK, b. ca 1834, ______, son of __________ was married in 1856, Glasgow, Scotland to Elizabeth BUCHANAN, b. ___, daughter of ___ BUCHANAN and ___.
The parents of James STARK may have been David STARK and Ellen LOWE from Dundee, Angus Scotland.
James & Elizabeth STARK arrived at Portland, Victoria in October 1856 on the "General Hewett".
James STARK and Elizabeth BUCHANAN had the following family:
- Jane White STARK b. 1857, Penola, SA, Aus, m. Ernest Frederick William RITTMANN
- David STARK b. 1859, Penola, SA, Aus, m. Sarah Jane PARKER
- Ellen Love STARK b. 1861, Penola, SA, Aus, m. Thomas EGAN
- Ann STARK b. 1863, Penola, SA, Aus, m. Frederick Warren SPEAK
- James STARK b. 1867, Penola, SA, Aus, m. Annie Lillian MILLARD
- Alexander STARK b. 1869, Penola, SA, Aus, m. Mary KENT
- Elizabeth Buchanan STARK b. 1871, Penola, SA, Aus ___?
- John Hamilton STARK b. ca 1875, Lake Mundi (Casterton), Vic, Aus, m. Dinah 'Dolly' SHANNON, Farmer of Carapook, Victoria
- WW1, 1st AIF, Pte 12900, AASC
- enlisted 15 May 1916
- RTA 12 May 1919
- Carapook WW1 Honour Roll
- son Hamilton STARK, b. 1911, d. 1911, Casterton, Vic