Old Casterton Railway Station
Links to Local History & Pioneer Names
Casterton Area External Links
13 March 2015
-- Daryl Povey --
Casterton Community Museum Opening Times:
- Casterton Visitor Information Centre, Shiels Terrace, Casterton – opening times 9am to 5pm 7 days a week.
Contact 55 812070 to make enquires about accessing the Casterton Community Museum - Research and Family History section.
- Casterton Community Museum located at the Railway Station building in Jackson St, open by appointment. Contact 55 812070 for further details.
- Both sections of the Casterton Community Museum are CLOSED from the 24th December to the 1st February.
- The Casterton Community Museum has obtained Donor Gift Recipient endorsement by the Australian Taxation Office. If you would like to make a donation to the Museum, all donations over $2.00 are tax deductible. All donations go towards the conservation and preservation of the Museum Collection.
Casterton & District Historical Society:
Henty Street, Casterton (pre 1920)
Office Bearers 2014-2015:
- President - Evelyn Pevitt
- Vice President - Noel Norris
- Junior Vice President - Sandra White
- Secretary & Archivist - Ros Coventry
- Treasurer - David Coventry
Casterton & District Historical Society
2015 Calendar of Events
- March, 18th (Wednesday) - Meeting at the Casterton RSL at 2.30 p.m.
- February, 18th (Wednesday) - BBQ at Island Park picnic area. BYO drinks and a salad or snacks. There are some seats (6), but you may want to bring one. BYO cutlery, plate, a glass, aim to eliminate our throwaway plastic rubbish.
Meetings where there is a guest speaker or activity, no business will be dealt with unless advertised.
|Jim Kent's Book (Vol. 2)
Roamin' 'Round the Town: Volume 2 will be launched on
Saturday, 30th November, 2013 at Casterton Town Hall at 11am.
Copies will be available at the Visitor Information Centre: cost is $25.
Get in quick for an ideal Christmas gift.
Price $25.00 plus $5.00 postage & packaging.
Secretary : Casterton & District Historical Sociey
P.O. Box 48, Casterton, Vic 3350, Australia
|Jim Kent's Book (Vol. 1) [100 pages, A4 size]
Historical Happenings of Casterton and District as told by James P Kent.
---NO LONGER AVAILABLE---