Old Casterton Railway Station
Links to Local History & Pioneer Names
Casterton Area External Links
7 May 2015
-- Daryl Povey --
Casterton Community Museum Opening Times:
- Casterton Visitor Information Centre, Shiels Terrace, Casterton – opening times 9am to 5pm 7 days a week.
Contact 55 812070 to make enquires about accessing the Casterton Community Museum - Research and Family History section.
- Casterton Community Museum located at the Railway Station building in Jackson St, open by appointment. Contact 55 812070 for further details.
- Both sections of the Casterton Community Museum are CLOSED from the 24th December to the 1st February.
- The Casterton Community Museum has obtained Donor Gift Recipient endorsement by the Australian Taxation Office. If you would like to make a donation to the Museum, all donations over $2.00 are tax deductible. All donations go towards the conservation and preservation of the Museum Collection.
Casterton & District Historical Society:
Henty Street, Casterton (pre 1920)
Office Bearers 2014-2015:
- President - Evelyn Pevitt
- Vice President - Noel Norris
- Junior Vice President - Sandra White
- Secretary & Archivist - Ros Coventry
- Treasurer - David Coventry
Casterton & District Historical Society
2015 Calendar of Events
- May, 20th (Wednesday) - Meeting at the Visitor Information Centre at 2.30 p.m.
- April, 19th (Sunday) - Unveiling of the Board of names at the Old Cemetery
- April, 15th (Wednesday) - Meeting at the Casterton RSL at 2.30 p.m.
- April, 12th (Sunday) - Working bee at the Old Cemetery from 10.00 a.m. To prepare for the morning tea and unveiling of the board of names of the unmarked graves on Sunday, 19th April. ALL WELCOME.
- March, 18th (Wednesday) - Meeting at the Casterton RSL at 2.30 p.m.
- February, 18th (Wednesday) - BBQ at Island Park picnic area. BYO drinks and a salad or snacks. There are some seats (6), but you may want to bring one. BYO cutlery, plate, a glass, aim to eliminate our throwaway plastic rubbish.
Meetings where there is a guest speaker or activity, no business will be dealt with unless advertised.
|Jim Kent's Book (Vol. 2)
Roamin' 'Round the Town: Volume 2 will be launched on
Saturday, 30th November, 2013 at Casterton Town Hall at 11am.
Copies will be available at the Visitor Information Centre: cost is $25.
Get in quick for an ideal Christmas gift.
Price $25.00 plus $5.00 postage & packaging.
Secretary : Casterton & District Historical Sociey
P.O. Box 48, Casterton, Vic 3350, Australia
|Jim Kent's Book (Vol. 1) [100 pages, A4 size]
Historical Happenings of Casterton and District as told by James P Kent.
---NO LONGER AVAILABLE---