William KING 1829-1870
Ellen NUGENT 1833-1920
Wiltshire, England; Co Tipperary, Ireland; Digby & Hotspur, S-W Victoria, Australia
William KING b. 1829 Wiltshire, England, son of Henry KING and Elizabeth ______ was married in 1851 at Portland, S-W Victoria to Ellen NUGENT b. 1833 Clonmel, Co Tipperary, Ireland, daughter of ______ and _____.
William KING died at Hotspur in Aug 1870, from injuries which resulted from a fall from his horse. He left a widow and 9 children and was buried in the Hotspur Cemetery by Rev. Dr. F. T. Cussack RUSSELL.
Ellen KING (nee NUGENT) died at Hotspur and was buried in the Hotspur Cemetery in 1920.
William KING & Ellen NUGENT had the following known children...
- Elizabeth KING b. 1852, Digby, Vic., d. 1925, m. William Hopely DAY 1839-1914;
- Mary KING b. 1852, d. 1852;
- Ellen KING b. 1854, Digby, Victoria, d. 1917, Branxholme, Victoria, m. 1885, Bordertown, SA to James CHANDLER 1852-1933;
- Mary Ann KING b, 1856, Hotspur, Vic, d. 1936, m. George DAY 1853-1931;
- Catherine KING b. 1857, Hotspur, Vic, d. 1954, m. James HUGHES 1858-1950;
- Walter KING b. 1859 Hotspur, Vic, .........;
- Emily KING b. 1861 Crawford River, Vic. d. 1927, m. Walter Thomas TRELOAR 1864-1928;
- William Henry KING b. 1863 Hotspur, Vic, d. 1947, m. 1894 Mary Ann McLEAN 1863-1931;
- Albert Henry KING b. 1895 Hotspur, d. 1917 Belgium
- Flora Lamond KING b. 1897 Hotspur, Vic m. Carl LEWIS;
- Hilda May KING b. 1900 Hotspur, Vic, m. Leslie Raymond MOORE;
- William Russell KING b. 1903 Hotspur, Vic, m. Phyllis Cameron Nugent KING.
- Alfred KING b. 1864 Digby, Vic., d. 1931 Digby, Vic;
- John KING b. 1867 Digby, Vic, d. 1942 m. Margaret CAMERON 1883-1969;
- Sarah KING b. 1869 Merino, Vic d. 1869, Hotspur, Vic.
Wm. KING was listed as an early landowner on the Hotspur Parish map.