George INGRAM 1816-1903
Louisa ADAMS 1831-1910
Warwickshire, & London, England ; V.D.L. (Tasmania) ;
Glenelg & Wannon area & Harrow, S-W Victoria, Australia
George INGRAM was b. 1816 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England, d. 1903 Harrow, Vic., son of William INGRAM and Sarah ONIONS who had married in 1815, at Aston Juxta, Birmingham, Warwickshire, England.
- George was convicted in 1845 of Larceny and Felony in the Birmingham Borough Sessions Court on a charge of larceny sentenced to 7 years transportation to Van Diemen's Land.
- He was transported on board "Joseph Somes" which departed from London on 14 January 1846.
- He arrived at Hobart Town, VDL on 23 May 1846 on board the "Joseph Somes."
- Granted Ticket of Leave in 1849 in VDL.
- Recommended for a Conditional Pardon in 1850 in VDL.
- He travelled from V.D.L to Victoria about 1852, and employed as a shepherd by a Mr Willis in the Wannon area.
Louisa ADAMS was b. 1831 in the Parish of St George in the East, Middlesex, England, d. 1910 Harrow, Vic. daughter of James ADAMS and Hannah or Anna BREEZE.
- She emigrated from England by herself, for Australia, on board the Persian in December 1852, arrived at Port Phillip in January 1853, aged 22y.
- Through an agent in Melbourne she took up employment with a Mr ROBINSON of Portland, S-W Victoria.
- At the time of her marriage in 1854, Louisa was living on the Glenelg, S-W Victoria.
George INGRAM and Louisa ADAMS were married on 16 December 1854 at the Parsonage-on-the-Wannon by the Rev. Dr. Francis Thomas Cusack Russell, his wife Margaret Smithson was one of the witnesses to the marriage, the other witness being an Angus McPherson. For reasons unknown the record of their marriage never reached the Government Registry in Melbourne.
George and Louisa INGRAM both died at Harrow, S-W Victoria, George in 1903 and Louisa in 1910, and are both buried in the Harrow Cemetery.
George INGRAM & Louisa ADAMS had the following family....
- George William INGRAM b. 1855, "Mooree" Harrow, S-W Vic., d. .........................?
- Thersa Sarah INGRAM b. 1857, "Mooree" Harrow, S-W Vic., d. 1890, Harrow, S-W Vic, m. John Arthur BURCHETT 1834-1922, d. Ararat, Vic.
- Amelia Elizabeth INGRAM b. 1859, "Mooree" Harrow, S-W Vic., d. 1939, Horsham, Vic., m. John BALSHAW 1845-1906, d. Goroke, Vic.
- Emily Emma INGRAM b. 1860, Harrow, S-W Vic., d. 1936, Edenhope, S-W Vic., m. John McKAY b. ~ 1850 Scotland, d. after 1898 .....................?
- Charles James INGRAM b. 1862, Sandford, S-W Vic., d. 1944, Horsham, Vic., m. Mary Anne DELANEY 1871-1933, d. Horsham, Vic.
- Harriet INGRAM, b. 1864, Harrow, S-W Vic., d. 1947, Warracknabeal, Vic., m. George Cornelius MERCER, b. 1868, Casterton, S-W Vic., d. 1939, Warracknabeal, Vic.
- Walter INGRAM b. 1865, Harrow, S-W Vic., d. 1923, Nhill, West Vic., m. Ann McDOUGALL 1864-1942, d. Mildura, N-W Vic.
- Mary Ann INGRAM b. 1868, Harrow, S-W Vic., d. 1953, Warracknabeal, Vic.
- Louisa INGRAM, b. 1873, Harrow, S-W Vic., d. 1959, Warracknabeal, Vic., m. Henry Herbert MERCER, b. 1870, Casterton, S-W Vic., d. 1941, Warracknabeal, Vic.