Patrick AYLMER 1829-1894
Margaret FLEMING 1836-1906
Newry & Kildare, Co Down, Ireland; Tahara & Merino, S-W Victoria, Australia
Patrick AYLMER b. 1829 Newry, Co Down, Ireland, son of Patrick AYLMER and Ann DODD was married in 1855, Co Down, Ireland to Margaret FLEMING, b. 1836, Kildare, Co, Down, Ireland, daughter of ___ and ___.
Patrick & Margaret AYLMER along with their first child Mary, arrived at Portland, Victoria in 1857 on the "Mary Ann". Patrick was a carpenter by trade and had been engaged in Ireland by Mr Samuel Pratt WINTER of "Murndal" Tahara, near Merino, Victoria when on a trip back to Ireland.
Patrick & Margaret AYLMER purchased a land allotment at Tahara in 1869 and they raised a large family in the area.
Patrick AYLMER & Margaret FLEMING had the following known family....
- Mary AYLMER, b. 1856, Ireland, d. 1935, m. Dryden BROWN 1857-1946 (large family at Branxholme, Vic.)
- Patrick AYLMER, b. 1858, Tahara, Vic, d. 1928, m. Isabella Ellen McLENNAN (1863-1927)
- Margaret AYLMER, b. 1860, Casterton, Vic, d. 1934, m. Frederick Hermann PASSING ~1858-1934
- Catherine AYLMER, b. 1862, Tahara, Vic, d. 1939 m. John James CARLIN 1861-1917
- James AYLMER, b. 1864, "Murndal Station" Tahara, Vic, d. ? m. Annie MARTIN ~1865- ? (children at Condah & Branxholme and then ..........?
- George AYLMER, b. 1896, Branxholme, Vic
Martha Agnes AYLMER, b. 1866, Tahara, Vic, d, 1958 m. Alexander CLARKE ????
Ellen AYLMER, b. 1868, d. 1894, Tahara / Merino, Vic.
Annie Theresa AYLMER, b. 1871, Tahara, Vic, d. 1921, m. Alfred ARDEN 1853-1929
Alice AYLMER, b. 1873, Tahara, Vic, d. 1968, Melbourne, Vic.
Francis Russell AYLMER, b. 1876, Coleriane, Vic, d. 1916, m. Euphemia Elizabeth URQUHART 1884-1965
Charles AYLMER, b. 1879, Coleraine, Vic, d. 1962, m. Elizabeth Rose JAMIESON 1882-1957
John James AYLMER, b. 1881, Tahara, Vic, d. 1961, m. Gertrude Mary DAWSON 1877-1960
- enlisted WW1, 11 Dec 1914
- served as Pte 4051, 24th Battalion & 12 Field Artillery Brigade, AIF
- RTA 12 May 1919