Angus ROBERTSON 1795-1879
Jeanette McPHERSON 1816-1900
Alvie, Inverness-shire, Scotland ; "Struan" on the Wannon & "Preston," Hamilton & Portland S-W Victoria, Australia
Angus ROBERTSON b. 1795, Alvie parish, Inverness-shire, Scotland son of John ROBERTSON and Mary "May" McBAIN was married in 1842 in Alvie parish, Inverness-shire, Scotland to Jeanette McPHERSON b. 1816, Logan, Cumnock, Ayrshire, Scotland, daughter of John McPHERSON and Charlotte McPHERSON.
John ROBERTSON & May McBAIN had the following family members at Alvie, Inverness-shire, Scotland :--
Angus ROBERTSON, his wife Jeanette and six children sailed from Glasgow, Scotland in July 1851 on the ship "......" and arrived at Melbourne, Australia in December 1851. They travelled by coastal schooner to Portland in S-W Victoria, arriving there in Jan 1852.
The next stage was by horse-drawn cart north to "Struan" station on the Wannon river, near Merino, which was already occupied by John and William ROBERTSON, two of Angus ROBERTSON's younger brothers. John & William moved to other stations they had established and Angus ROBERTSON and his family established themselves at "Struan" on the Wannon, not to be confused with "Struan" on the Mosquito Creek, South Australia, where Angus' brother John ROBERTSON established himself. By 1854, William the other ROBERTSON brother was established on "Wando Vale" station.
Duncan ROBERTSON, another brother of Angus had arrived in NSW in 1838 and had acquired "Satimer" station at Wando Vale in S-W Victoria by the time Angus arrived in the area in 1852.
"Struan" Pastoral Run fronting the Wannon River between Merino and Coleraine, was originally occupied in 1841 by brothers William ROBERTSON 1811-1864 and John ROBERTSON 1808-1880, from Alvie Parish, Badenoch, Inverness-shire, Scotland. John and William moved to South Australia with John remaining at Mosquito Plains where he built "Struan House" and William returning to "Wando Vale" station, near Casterton. Another brother Duncan ROBERTSON settled at "Gringegalgona", north-east of Coleraine.
"Struan" on the Wannon was later sold and became the Struan Estate WW1 Soldier Settlement estate, which had its name changed to Paschendale because of the confusion with "Struan" on Mosquito Creek in South Australia.
Angus ROBERTSON and family moved to "Preston" farm near Hamilton in 1870 and later to Portland where Angus died in 1879.
Jeanette contined to live at Portland and died in her residence "Wando Villa" in South Portland in 1900. "Wando Villa" had been built by Alexander DAVIDSON of "Satimer" station, Wando Vale, whose wife Ann ROBERTSON was a relative of Angus ROBERTSON.
Angus ROBERTSON and Jeanette McPHERSON had the following known family....