Elias BATESON 1836-1899 & Margaret PINCOTT 1837-1914
"Spring Bank" Sandford, Victoria, Australia
John & Elias BATESON sons of Elias BATESON and Elizabeth COURSE from Cambridgeshire arrived at Portland, Victoria on the "General Hewett" in 1856 and were employed by the KIRBY family at "Spring Bank" Pastoral Run.
Elias BATESON married Margaret PINCOTT in 1859 at Casterton, Vic. Margaret PINCOTT was b. 1835, Dalkeith, Sct, daughter of John PINCOTT and Margaret _____.
John BATESON, brother of Elias married Margaret FIEGHERY from Ireland in 1868 at Ballarat.
Elias BATESON and Margaret PINCOTT had the following known family:
- John BATESON b. 1860, Sandford, Vic, m. Ellen RIDEOUT
- Elias BATESON b. 1862, Casterton, Vic, m. Mary RIDEOUT.
- Margaret BATESON b. 1864, Sandford, Vic, m. Heinrich SCHMIDT.
- Elizabeth Jane BATESON b. 1865, Sandford, Vic, m. Alfred Richard BAILEY.
- Mary BATESON b. 1867, Casterton, Vic, m. David HARRISON.
- Isabella BATESON b. 1869, Sandford, Vic, m. Robert MOORE.
- William BATESON b. 1872, Sandford, Vic.
- James BATESON b. 1873, Sandford, Vic, m. Sarah Augustus LACKMANN.
- Robert Alexander BATESON b. 1874, Merino, Vic, m. Emily Jane WATERS.
- Helen BATESON b. 1876, Horsham, Vic, m. ___ SMART.
- Martha BATESON b. 1879, Horsham, Vic, m. John Henry WATERS.
- Ann BATESON b. 1882, Kaniva, Vic.