|John Thomas NICHOLLS 1831-1888
Elizabeth TALLACK 1824-1908
Cornwall, England; "Muntham" Station & Sandford, S-W Victoria, Australia
John Thomas NICHOLLS, born 1831, Cornwall, England, son of John NICHOLLS and Harriet Hannah DREW married in 1853 in Cornwall, England to Elizabeth TALLACK, born 1824, Cornwall, England, daughter of Francis TALLACK and Margaret PHILLIPPA.
John & Elizabeth NICHOLLS appear to have emigrated on the "Panama" in 1854 to Victoria, Australia where John was employed by Edward HENTY as the Storekeeper at "Muntham" Station between Casterton & Coleraine.
The family moved to the nearby settlement of Sandford on the Wannon River in 1858 where they purchased land and opened a store at Sandford on the Casterton - Portland Road.
John NICHOLLS and Elizabeth TALLACK appear to have had the following family:
- Mary Emma NICHOLLS b. 1854, at sea, d. 1935, m. Alfred Nicholls SCANTLEBURY 1860-1930.
- John Francis NICHOLLS b. 1856, "Muntham" Station, Vic, d. 1928, m. Harriet GREED 1852-1932.
- Thomas Henry NICHOLLS b. 1857, Casterton, Vic, d. 1926, Warracknabeal, Vic., m1. 1883 to Elizabeth Ann CRAIG 1860-1892 (2 children), m2. 1893 to Mary Cecelia FOLEY 1856-1914 (1 child). Thomas was the Inn-keeper of the Sandford Hotel in 1909.
- Elizabeth Jane NICHOLLS b. 1859, Casterton, Vic, d. 1869, Sandford, Vic.
- William James NICHOLLS b. 1861, Sandford, Vic, m1. Annie Maria SMITH 1859-1885, m2. Catherine HARWOOD 1867-1955.
- Harriet Hannah NICHOLLS b. 1863, m. John McLellan SOMERVILLE 1858-1912.
- Phillipa Tallack NICHOLLS b. 1865, Casterton, Vic, d. ___ WA, m1. Patrick McGUIRE 1857-1891, m2. Michael McGRATH 1857-___?.
- Emily NICHOLLS b. 1867, Sandford, Vic, d. 1947, m. James COX 1959-1940.