Timothy RYAN c.1846-1919
Violet SOMERVILLE c.1850-1908
Co Limerick, Ireland ; Lanarkshire, Scotland ; Sandford & Killara (Bahgallah), Victoria, Australia
Timothy RYAN c.1846-1919, b. Co Limerick, Ireland to John RYAN and Honora MURPHY. He migrated to Australia and in 1876 he was recorded as a labourer of Sandford, Victoria.
Violet SOMERVILLE c.1850-1908, b. Musselborough, Lanarkshire, Scotland to Alexander SOMERVILLE and Mary Thomson. She arrived at Melbourne on the ship "Percy" as a 20 year old in 1870 and by 1876 was living in the Casterton / Sandford district of S-W Victoria.
Timothy RYAN & Violet SOMERVILLE were married at Casterton, Victoria in 1876 and proceeded to have a family of 9 children in the Casterton, Sandford, Bahgallah and Killara areas of S-W Victoria where Timothy was recorded as a farmer from the 1880s until his death at Killara in 1919. Violet died at Killara in 1908 and both were buried in the Casterton New Cemetery.
Timothy RYAN & Violet SOMERVILLE had the following family...
- Honora Murphy "Nora" RYAN 1876-1951, b. Sandford, Victoria; resided at Killara for many years; d. Burnett River, Queensland; m. 1904 at Mount Gambier, South Australia, to Henry FENSOM 1875-1953, b. Mount Gambier, South Australia to George Henry FENSON and Martha HARD, d. Burnett River, Queensland. This couple moved from South Australia to Queensland in 1907. Henry FENSON served in WW1 on the Western Front as Pte 6742, 9th Battalion, AIF.
- John RYAN 1878-..?.., b. Casterton, Victoria; d. ...?....
- Mary Thompson "Molly" RYAN 1880-1958, b. Sandford, Victoria; d. Adelaide, South Australia; m. 1917, South Australia to Patrick Thomas RUSSELL 1891-1937, b. Port Lincoln, South Australia to William Joseph RUSSELL and Margaret Elizabeth WALSH; d. Port Lincoln, South Australia.
- Cornelius "Con" RYAN 1882-1952, b. Killara, Victoria; d. Perth, Western Australia. He enrolled at Bahgallah School in 1892. He was a labourer of Killara, single, aged 32y 9m when he enlisted in the AIF on 25 Jun 1915 and served as Pte 4960, with the 12th Battalion and 8th, AIF; and Artillery in Egypt and the Western Front. He embarked on the "Yperinga" from England on 15 May 1919 for RTA. He became a Soldier Settler in 1922 on "Hilgay" estate near Coleraine and appears to have moved to Perth, where he died in 1952.
Named : Bahgallah Old Scholars & District Volunteers Honour Roll
Named : Casterton Town Hall Honour Roll
- Catherine "Kate" RYAN 1884-1951, b. Killara, Victoria; d. Crafers, South Australia.
- Ellen "Nell" RYAN 1886-1920, b. Sandford, Victoria; d. Perth, Western Australia; m. 1920, Adelaide, South Australia to Patrick Francis DEVITT c.1881-1961, b. ..?.. to Michael DEVITT and Mary DRONEY; d. Perth, Western Australia.
- Annie RYAN 1890-1961, b. Sandford, Victoria; d. Adelaide, South Australia; m. 1927, Port Lincoln, South Australia to James Patrick CONNELL c.1888-1963, b. ..?.. to Cornelius CONNELL and Ellen CARRICK; d. Adelaide, South Australia.
- Elizabeth RYAN 1890-1949, b. Sandford, Victoria; d. Adelaide, South Australia; m. 1920, Adelaide, South Australia to Frederick Arthur James WAITE 1886-1964, b. Adelaide, South Australia to William Nicholas WAITE and Anna WESTON; d. Adelaide, South Australia.